Monday, August 24, 2009

Restaurant Review: Pure Cafe

Pure Cafe has already become one of my favorite places in Tokyo. It is located between Shibuya and Harajuku just a block east from the corner of Aoyama-dori and Omotesando. It shares a building with Aveda, so it is pretty easy to find.

From what I can tell, it looks like their lunch menu offers a three sandwiches that change monthly. For August there is a fresh veggie sandwich, grilled veggie sandwich and a sweets sandwich. Dan and I have already tried all three. My favorite is definitely the Yomogi Sweets sandwich (I think I mentioned it in my previous entry). It's pretty much just bananas, tofu whip cream, raspberries and caramel sauce sandwiched between two pieces of french toast. I would recommend getting this for dessert, however, rather than lunch :)



In addition to sandwiches, they also have homemade muffins (flavors change daily) and an assortment of desserts (including things like cheesecake and fruit tarts). They also sell fresh loaves of bread. You can get a loaf of vegan rye bread for about $8. This evening I went there to pick up some bread and I discovered that they have a pretty delicious looking dinner menu. I will be sure go in the evening next time I go there to eat!

Usually when I visit, there is someone there who speaks English. Although, the first time I went to Pure Cafe, no one working knew any English.. so ordering was a little difficult. But not too hard, since the item names are in English and they have pictures you can point at.

No comments:

Post a Comment