Thursday, July 30, 2009

We made it!

We are here in the Sakura Hostel in Asakusa. I's about 6AM in Japan. I could not sleep at all this morning. I'm not sure if it's from excitement or jet lag, considering it is around 2PM in Portland.

The flight was really good, but very very long. I normally don't do so well on planes, but the flight was smooth and I didn't get any motion sickness until we were about to land. We had to circle the airport a bit since there was so much traffic.. and then the landing itself was a bit rough. We did manage to get almost vegan meals on the flight. We called ahead a few times asking for non-dairy vegetarian meals. Dan's meals both ended up being vegan.. but mine had butter, ranch dressing and eggs in them that I had to pick out. Dan was super nice and traded me meals, since I got really sick last time I accidentally ate some dairy. Dan picked out a huge omelet piece from his veggies for breakfast and so it wasn't too bad.

We will update more later.. for now we are going to Akihabara to buy a proper camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment